I've been a teeeeeny bit stressed about producing these mermaid tails. I didn't want to fork out for cheap looking tails, but no matter how easy I convinced myself these would be, I just pro.cras.tinated like nobody's business.
Eventually I forced myself to sit down and threw them together. It was crazy. I let the kids do their own thing for an hour, which mostly turned out okay, and I committed myself to finishing them - no matter how imperfectly. Oh, they're imperfect. All you talented sewers out there, I'm super glad you did not witness the way I ATTACKED this fabric with my machine. It was ugly. And on several occasions, scary.
But I did it! And one for the doll! The kids love them and want to wear them constantly. Despite not being able to walk, or... move... whilst wearing them. These have a hole at the bottom for their feet, and can be rolled up as far as the knees, with a cardboard tail to disguise toes when needed. Party pics shortly :-)