Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Summer Series - Project #4

IMG_8069

Last one!  It might not look the prettiest (I'm sure you could do a nicer job), but this is quite a functional item.  A camera case that your camera can wear while you take photos.  I love taking photos at the beach, but inevitably my camera comes into contact with sand and/or water - grrrr!  While this camera case won't solve the problem entirely, it will definitely help a little.

The Beachy Keen Camera Cover-up

IMG_8229
IMG_8230
Ta da!  You can leave it on while you take photos!

IMG_8231
IMG_8232
You can even look at your photos, and adjust your settings - while your camera stays nice and dry...


This was a pretty easy project, though a little bit fiddly due to its size (my impatience didn't help much either).  Still a beginners project, and I think it took me about 2 hours altogether...

You will need:
IMG_8185

Cut your main pieces as follows (I cut each piece much bigger than I needed too, so that I could make any necessary adjustments throughout):
IMG_8188

Now:
IMG_8189
IMG_8215
This was an afterthought, and very necessary I think...

IMG_8191
IMG_8192
IMG_8194
IMG_8196
IMG_8201

I was too busy sewing to take photos of the next stages - sew your base piece to your camera bag.  I spent a little bit of time adjusting it at this point, as it was a little more roomy than I wanted.  Alternatively, you could also give your camera bag some extra padding for further protection.

IMG_8202
 IMG_8212

Project #1 - here
Project #2 - here
Project #3 - here

4 comments:

  1. Such an awesome idea! Have loved the whole series - thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How freaking cool is that? I love it.
    We were actually at the beach the other day and I was cursing the sand and salt spray getting on my camera...I am so making this :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This WONDERFUL creation is exactly why I love crafting and LOVE it when people just go for it, and don't follow the rules. I'm sure people would think that making a camera case was way too hard, and a total expert project, but LOOK! you totally just made one! LOVE. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are genuinely great ideas in about blogging.
    You have touched some pleasant factors here. Any way keep up wrinting.


    Here is my blog :: Internet Money Path Review

    ReplyDelete