Sunday, October 23, 2011

It was all about the treat table...

For me anyway.  The rest of the party planning was like this; "oh, we'll play pass the parcel, we still have the parcel we didn't use for her last party... And the kids can all just play.  Kids like playing..."  For me, the thoughts, the dreaming, the planning & preparing was all based around that little treat table (oh and the favours, but I'll get to those soon).  Mini food, it kills me.  Months ago I decided that her party would be all about mini food, which I am tempted to buy every time I step out to buy groceries.  I just like mini stuff.

Behold the mini food:

IMG_9689
IMG_9675
IMG_9639
IMG_9652
IMG_9640
IMG_9637
IMG_9671
IMG_9650
IMG_9700
IMG_9692
IMG_9641
IMG_9697
IMG_9699
IMG_9653


IMG_9636
IMG_9666
IMG_9635
IMG_9702
IMG_9670

Then there was the cake.  I have a friend who designs and makes the most amazing cakes, and I'm afraid to say that my little efforts are absolutely nothing in comparison.  But, I was quite happy with how this little one turned out.  I figured that I'd just make use of my drawing skills for the cake design, and it was quite fun seeing what I could come up with.  I sort of recreated a scene from the book, but in a very basic way...

IMG_9674
IMG_9630
IMG_9673
IMG_9631
IMG_9648
IMG_9633

The actual baker of the cake was my darling big sister, who made the cute little cupcakes and the mini American Hotdogs too...  Thanks sis!

Food list:
(store-bought)
Baby carrots
Cherry tomatoes
Mini Gherkins
Mini Wafers
Mini Mallowpuffs
Mini Oreos
Mini M&Ms
Snack size cucumbers (for sandwiches & with crackers)
Savoury mince pies
Cheerio sausages (for hot dogs)
Mini Sesameal crackers
Small slices of cheese
Lemon & barley cordial + soda water
(homemade)
Lemon cake
Lemon cupcakes
Wholemeal hot dog buns
Ice bowl (all made by Ku)

11 comments:

  1. It's all so adorable and perfect!

    Eleanor must have loved it all ... I had to do a double-take on the ice bowl! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love these pics. Such a beautiful party, and a few weeks of celebrations of our little October babies. I really miss you, sister. I loved every moment of hanging out...but enough of public expressions of sisterly affection. talk soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so gorgeous! and the cake is awesome! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to make me hungry! The cake looks adorable, I love it. Happy Birthday little Eleanor! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome! You do the cutest parties!!!!
    beware you don't get away with "the kids can just play" for much longer though. I have thought the same thing too many times at some of my kids birthdays and then you get bombarded with some bratty kid always asking when the games are gonna start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this looks amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. like, woah woman!!!
    that's gorgeous. some serious attention to detail.
    (man, and here i am hoping i'll get away with just siblings + a cake for Danny when he turns 2!! >.< )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow all the details! Even the faux wood on the sign! Awesome, maybe you should become a party planner? I love mini food too, I often make mini pies for dinner, the kids love them. Happy Birthday to E too! Hope she enjoyed her party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mallowpuffs? You are killing me :)
    This is the cutest little buffet and I love that it's at little people height!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much attention to detail! Such a beautiful party :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. totally gorgeous, and love how its all set out too!

    ReplyDelete