Monday, October 24, 2011

Party

There were lots of little details, but the celebration itself was very simple.  We ate food, we read stories, we picnic-ed and we played a game or two.  There were some lovely gifts to unwrap, and lots of running about.    

IMG_9740
IMG_9925
IMG_9882
IMG_9873
IMG_9647
IMG_9705
IMG_9790

This beautiful teepee by Mocka added much charm (full review in another post), with the kids rushing from food table, to picnic mat, and finally retreating into this quiet space.

IMG_9749
IMG_9890
IMG_9767
IMG_9933
IMG_9765

Even though the little bits of decorating & food prep & favour making did take some time (most done during the quiet months leading up to the party), the day itself was relatively simple and stress free. The Hawkes Bay surroundings were picture perfect, and the guests were very close friends and family.  Simple and sweet.  Perfect for our two year old (though she did lose the plot on more than one occasion, if you must know the absolute truth!).  Next I will show you the favours (I've been dying to for months), and the gift we made for her...  

And honestly, I feel like having a few very quiet days between now and the next round of celebrating.  

8 comments:

  1. What do I love?

    I love Eleanor ... she looks so cute!

    I love the 'thank you' frame.

    I love the fact Eleanor's ladybug best friend was at the party.

    I love the little blonde lady with the smocked dress and hair ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a gorgeous party, I love your mini food and the wee drink jars...happy birthday to your lovely girl...her red shoes are the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Stella, your birthday parties for Eleanor look so enchanting, like they have such a magical/storybook feel to them. That garden was such a perfect setting - just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun and gorgeousness with all that you have done. Wanna plan a party for me, that looks and feels just like that? X

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so wonderful! So many beautiful and thoughtful touches. I love the attention to detail and the vintagey-ness (is that a word?) of it all. I think I'd like a party like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't know what I like the best...it's all just so gorgeous! jx

    ReplyDelete