Monday, July 16, 2012

A prettyish kind of wilderness

Today some friends dropped by for a visit, so we took them for a walk around this property.  I love rainy day walks, I do.  A year ago we were enjoying the exact same pastime in the same ladybug raincoat even.  I like thinking about how much our lives have changed since then.  We were living in the best rental we can afford, in an unattractive part of the city.  Our property backed onto a park, but not the romantic kind, with tall oak trees and a magical adventure playground.  A small, bare, boring park.  We were almost always the only people there.  Now we live in our own little park, and while we may be the only people here, we prefer it that way.  


p.s. It was a total accident that both girls were dressed like Little Red Riding Hood.  Pretty cute coincidence though!  Particularly as we were wandering through the woods...

2 comments:

  1. These are magical pics, Stell!!!!! I love the accidental fairytale co-ordination. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I'm in love with your new place.
    Do you have room for guests? I might just move in!

    ReplyDelete