Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sneaky Veges


This is something I've been meaning to do for ages, since reading this post.  We had some wilting spinach that needed using, so I unpacked the smoothie maker (that we inherited when my sister-in-law moved to Australia, woop!) and made a yummy (and healthy) smoothie.  Ours had: One glass of Almond Milk (we are trying Eleanor on this - wondering if she may be lactose intolerant), one banana, several gigantic leaves of Perpetual Spinach, a handful of frozen blackberries (picked last summer), some chopped parsley (yep, sneaky!) and some fresh pears from a local tree.  Um.  Yum.


It didn't even look too bad, thanks to those blackberries!  It wasn't super sweet, but I like it that way... And best of all, I froze some of it for ice-block 'treats' (E's favourite).  Yep, bribing my kid with spinach and parsley.  Awesomeness.


4 comments:

  1. Freezing the banana before putting it in a smoothie is meant to be a good creamy replacement for ice-cream.
    I havent had smoothies or freshly squeezed juices in a while, I think it might be time to start with them again.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing well if you can fool E into drinking parsley, not sure you could even get me to drink that : P hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOM. Looove me a smoothie :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We make these so often, and love them...and we do the frozen banana. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete