Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Painted Tees

This upcoming weekend we are celebrating our friend's 30th birthday, and competing in a family-style Amazing Race, organised by his wife.  I'm just a little bit excited about it.  Zan and the kids and I have formed a team with my dad, and we've decided to go the whole nine yards and wear matching coloured tees.  I couldn't resist customizing the kids t-shirts, especially since I had two plain red(ish - in Eleanor's case - more of a burnt orange) tees that I don't think I would've bothered putting them in otherwise.


I painted lucky charm animals on the front of their shirts, and plan to write their nicknames on the back.  Except that we don't actually have a nickname for Garland, other than the generic 'baby'.  I think I'm just gonna write 'Nobody puts Baby in a corner', which makes the bear on the front kinda funny.  And since he's prob gonna be the youngest 'competitor' on the day, it fits. 


Can you tell that this is a chipmunk?  I hope so.  I painted them with metallic acrylic paint, and couldn't be happier with the results!  Loosely inspired by these.


Eleanor's been DIYing too - helping decorate her dad's birthday cake yesterday.  Pretty flash.  She even helped blow out the candles.  Champ.

1 comment:

  1. That is so super cool you guys are playing the amazing race. The Tee's are awesome - yes that is def. a chipmunk. Incidentally my girl says "Oh 'munks" as in "Oh darn" - its taken weeks but finally I've worked out she is using the word 'Chipmunks' as an expletive. I just thought of that while I was reading - bit of a random overshare!!

    ReplyDelete