Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Golden Afternoon


After we returned from the hospital, Zan had a date with our overgrown lawn, and I had a baby who needed to be held constantly and a deep yearning to enjoy some of the beautiful weather that we all seemed to be missing out on.  So, Ergobaby and gumboots.  


It was a bit magical.  We didn't stay out long.  Eleanor was tired and wanted to rest, though I could've carried on much longer, secretly hoping we would make it down through the woods and over the fence and along the road to where the wild roses are in bloom.  It was not to be, but fortunately, this is where we live now.  So maybe tomorrow, and the next day too because when the wild roses are in bloom, you pack the baby into his frontpack, grab the girl-child's hand, and you go and pick those roses.

12 comments:

  1. SUCH gorgeous photos!!! You clever thing.
    I need me a new camera, my little 6 year old point and shoot is so uninspiring to use...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love my camera! Definitely recommend it to anyone!

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS!! These photos are BEAUTIFUL!!!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You live in such a beautiful spot. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How magical! and can I just say how lucky you are not to have snakes so you can enjoy those gorgeous meadow-ey flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lucky indeed! I don't think I would spend much time outside if we had snakes. I'm absolutely petrified of them (not that keen on spideys either - though we have HEAPS of those). I could never 100% relax when we were in QLD, knowing how many scaries were around...

      Delete
  5. wow...look where you live! So beautiful. As is that skirt with little puku peeking out the top. And aren't ergo's the best. i especially liked that you can breastfeed in them secretly...i felt like super mama walking down grocery aisles! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yeah, I love that little puku! And I also looooove the ergo baby! I do the secret breastfeeding too (though I did that with the baby bjorn too), and I love that I can carry him on my back and get a little bit of gardening done too... Awesome things!

      Delete
  6. I was pretty much going to type exactly what Anissa said - garden/house = amazing, puku+ skirt= adorable and ergo carriers = the best. This post is insanely delicious to look at, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU! I love our patch of wilderness/girl's puku/ergo/kind praise.. xx

      Delete