Monday, October 8, 2012

KCWC - Day One

I was all set to do so much sewing last night, but alas, a little guy had other plans for me.  Anyway, I did sneak in time to do a little but of re-styling, and I'm almost there on a third item.  Maybe tonight I'll finish it.

From this:

Even though I'm not a huge fan of purple, I was somewhat sad that after accidentally wearing it to playcentre, it had become official playcentre-wear.  Perhaps it's because we rarely buy clothes new, or maybe I just really like purple in this instance, but I was determined to reclaim this sweater.  I actually never "loved" ;-) the emblem on the front, so that and the paint-damaged sleeves were both reworked.


Perfect Springtime clothing for a busy girl.  The applique came from a tee-shirt designed and screenprinted by Rosa-May.  Sadly I washed the tee with something red, and have not been able to wear it since.  I'm glad the print has found a new home.

Joining in with KCWC.

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh! That is insanely cute :)
    Good job!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word - AWESOME! I just did a restyle too (to be revealed tomorrow) but this is much cooler! Are you uploading to the flickr group?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have now! And can't wait to see your restyle!

      Delete
  3. I literally gasped and nearly cried (its my lady day) seeing these photos! So nice of you to save the print, and make such a gorgeous top (and gal) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't decide which I love more - the sweatshirt, or the photos of the sweatshirt. Too cool.
    Got my machine back today - thinking I might need to have my own little Summer KCWC next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naw, thanks! And yay, fixed machines! And yay, summer KCWC!

      Delete