Wednesday, October 17, 2012

KCWC - Day six & seven

Nothing about KCWC has gone quite to plan.  This wee cardi (based very closely on this one) took twice as long as I thought it would to put together.  But it's finished, and so is KCWC...  I'm a little relieved to be honest, much as I have (mostly) enjoyed it.  I know that if it hadn't been for this challenge, I would never have gotten all these items made, but now it's time to return my energy to other pursuits.  Some new sewing projects, some commissioned works, and a few other little side projects.  


I went with decorative buttons in the end, with hidden snaps.  Much easier all round.


 It suits this little brown-eyed chap just perfectly.  Just in time for summer, haha!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! You clever thing, that's awesome :)
    Yeah I didn't really enjoy KCWC as much as I thought. I don't like 'pressure' to do stuff, and I don't like feeling like I HAVE to sew everynight when I don't wanna! But it did motivate me to get some pjs done which was very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZA! This is incredibly CUUUTE

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is GORGEOUS! So cute!

    I have to say that I enjoyed the KCWC a lot more this time being my second time round. My first time I felt a lot of pressure to make heaps and share something everyday, but this time I went into it deciding not to put that pressure on my self and things seemed to flow a lot easier... also I didn't get sick until after the KCWC unlike your poor self. You did amazing (especially in light of sickness) so you should totally be proud of your self :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. by the way you should totally link in to 'Make it Wear it Thursday' http://www.thetraintocrazy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what is cuter the cardi or the kid! Great work Stella I want one! - cardi that is, not another cute baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is adorable! Good work, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving all the upcycling you've been doing stella...this cardigan is just awesome. Aren't snaps great. I'm all about simple: snaps, velcro...but that decorative button thing...i'm liking it, hadn't thought of that! Hope the next thing you make is for you.

    ReplyDelete