Sunday, October 28, 2012

Rawene


Both kids have been sick, but Garland has copped the worst of this bug.  On Saturday I decided to have him checked out, so we made the half hour drive to our local hospital for a GP visit.  It's never nice to have an excuse to go there, but that hospital has a place in my heart.  The people are so lovely`1.  The receptionist spent most of our waiting time cooing at Garland, and had '(her) buddy' bumped up the waiting list so we were seen a little quicker.

Dream house.  Rawene.

A week ago we spent the night in the same hospital, for an entirely different reason (that's a whole other story).  They decided it would be best if I stayed the night, and since my little family were waiting in the car, they invited them all in and made up beds for them too.  They understand the family thing.  They know that being together is always better.  Yep, a place in my heart.

Of course, when in Rome, one must buy coffee and food from the famous-in-NZ Boatshed cafe.  The perfect perk-me-up (specially when there are smiling friendly faces behind the counter, who bring little girls free cupcakes, just 'coz).  


And it wasn't until I snapped these photos as we drove past, that I realised how many cute buildings Rawene has.  Nothing like being a tourist in your own town.

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely place... get well soon little Garland (and the rest of the fam) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are so happy here... And Garland is all better now, whew!

      Delete
  2. My dad was born in that hospital! It's a beautiful wee town and I quite agree on your dream home. Hope all is well with you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too! Let me know if you ever head up this way again, we must meet up!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like it's a great hospital, a very rare thing indeed. Hugs and love to you all while things aren't 100% (and always of course x)
    Rawene loooks like a gorgeous spot :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great! I wouldn't say that about just any old hospital... And we are so much better now, thank you for your well wishes x

      Delete