Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Preparations

I'm in one of those annoying phases where I have a bunch of projects half finished, and a couple of exciting upcoming events, but I don't really have much to show you here.  I could show off the half-finished-maybe-never-to-be-completed lemonade stand I was building on Sunday.  I could post a pic of some un-hemmed elf sized pj pants I'd almost forgotten I was making until just tonight.  Instead I will show you a bunch of teaser-can-you-guess-what-I'm-making? type photos, because that's what I have, right here on my computer.  And I will intersperse those with some thoughts, because that's what I do.


I am a teeny bit worried that blogging about lots Christmassy stuff is going to take away some of the fun of it for me.  I hope the opposite is true, but it's a niggling concern of mine.  I guess I can only find out one way.  You see, I have a bit of a plan for the month of December, and it's going to be full.on.  For me.  You can just sit back and (hopefully) enjoy ya'selves.


Unrelated.  One of my longest-time, bestest buds is getting married at the end of summer, after a short and sweet engagement.  I am quite excited!  I'm totally itching to step in and take over help out, but I am maintaining a calm and collected distance for now, because there's a distinct possibility that she might have her own decorative/etc ideas...  However, the minute she asks for even the tiniest bit of help, I am going to be hiring babysitters, hauling out my sewing machine/glue/scissors and making all manner of wedding things.  Yup.  I'm a bit excited.


Also.  This weekend we are going on a short roadtrip with my dad, to see a bunch of my favourite people in the whole of the entire universe I think some photos might get took.  It will provide a refreshing break from all this Christmas/birthday party preparation that I've been working on in the background.  I'll be off the grid for a few days.  It will be very good for me.


So how are your mid-November-heading-into-pre-Chrismas lists/plans/projects going?   Mine are going slower than expected - with our newly adjusted summer hours (Zan works many more hours in the summer - our days are long and busy, already).  Things may be a little bit quiet around here over the next few days, as I attempt to knock out a few important projects I've committed myself too - and then head out of town (but technically into town because we are country mice now) for a night, but there are some v. fun posts planned for v. soon.  And in fact, I will be back on Friday with the Christmas Linky - which is open until Boxing Day, because I-have-no-idea-how-to-host-a-link-party-and-why-do-you-have-a-closing-date-anyway-and-also-what?

And that may have been my most random post ever.  x

2 comments:

  1. It is hard to blog when you are secretly making Christmas stuff in the background!
    Loving the sneak peeks though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh looking forward to seeing what you have lined up!!

    ReplyDelete