Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Advent Ideas: Day 10 - Festive Drinks


So easy, but I imagine it would be quite fun for kiddos of the right age to design their own festive drinks.  I'm a big fan of freezing things like edible flowers & berries in ice-cube trays (in fact, I have some of both in our freezer right now!).  Perhaps your kiddo would enjoy hand choosing what they freeze?  I tried some hard jube sweets and the worked out perfectly, though they sank to the bottom of the ice.  For this particular drink, I was aiming for a mint green colour, so I bought a bottle of cheap lemonade (not clear lemonade fyi, the cloudy kind) and mixed in a few drops of green food colouring.  SO SIMPLE!  With a tiny touch of festive red...


Oh, and F is for Festive.  Cheating again...

2 comments: