Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Advent Ideas: Day 14 - Christmas Crackers

You know what?  I think I'm going to make it to the end of this advent!  I had a couple of projects that didn't quite pan out for me.  It happens.  But all is not lost, and I still have a bunch of activities up my sleeve for the final few days...  Some of them, like today's, are far from original.  I'm not trying to re-invent the wheel, but (hopefully) create a resource for easy, simple, and fun craft/foodie ideas for advent.  Next year I may attempt some of these projects with E, we'll see.


I bought this packet of Christmas crackers on sale at The Warehouse.  Sweet!  I know they will sell them for $2 after Christmas, but I was still happy with half price.    Then I dismantled, and re-mantled - with a new set of surprises inside...


So easy when you cut the new version from the template of the old cracker.  Re-glue the popper to the new cracker, and decorate as you please.  I have some new vintage style stickers in my collection and they look perfect.


I biffed the plastic toys, and replaced with some stickers, a party popper, and a polkadot balloon.  If I'd been really brainy, I would have added some glitter too.  I may just pry them open and add some, because now that I've thought about it, I have to do it...


I made a handful of these for an upcoming Christmas celebration with Eleanor's friends.  If I have time, I hope to make more.

3 comments:

  1. oh they look beautiful, i love brown paper packages at christmas and this is a lovely extension of that. and excellent idea to use old cracker for a template, i want a nice big round one like that the one I've been printing off the net are a bit on the small side.

    ps glad to hear your gonna try and see your advent craft thing out, i'm really enjoying it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! Don't do glitter! A friend sent me a xmas card with glitter one year, I didn't know - it went everywhere! I can still see it in the depths of the carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crackers are great! love these :)

    ReplyDelete