Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Advent Ideas: Day 15 - Deck The (Mini) Halls


K is for Keeping house.  Atticus Elf sure has a nesting instinct.  Other elves are wreaking havoc in their December homes, but A.E. is just as happy with a cuppa and a good book (and a place to put his feet up).  I felt like this was too much fun not to include in the advent.  Even if you don't have an elf, I'm sure you could find a fun space to create a 'pop-up living room' for a teddy bear friend.  I used some of dollhouse furniture, and of course the lovely Elf Fairy Lights sent to me by Max.   The lights actually inspired this entire idea, which is a follow-on from an earlier adventure of A.E.  




If it's not too chaotic on Christmas Eve, I hope to take this idea even further, with presents under the tree and a stocking full of things (scrunched up paper).  I pretty much felt extreme happiness while I was setting up this scene.  Yeah.  I'm a geek.

Details:  Miniature frames c/o my amazing aunt (excepting the heart frame w b/w contact of my ma) filled with the kiddos passport photos; Christmas tree from The Warehouse; Elf books - previously here; snowglobe c/o mama - from NY; Mini books/camera/jug/shelves - thrifted; wooden chair handmade by someone in my family (maybe one of my bros?); coffee table made by my brother; rug - from a card I bought from Whitcoulls ages ago; Christmas stocking - previously here; fabric 'carpet' - c/o The Make Cafe; soldier made by Ruby in the Dust; tea-cup - IKEA; mini wooden tree handed down from a cousin; elf fairy lights c/o Max

11 comments:

  1. I haven't been commenting much (argh.so.busy) but I LOVE the extreme effort you have put into making this wee elf thing so special. I thought, briefly, about getting one (the kids would love it) but then realised that I totally don't have enough time or energy this year to put in the right amount of effort. Maybne next year. And I'll definitely be checking back on these posts for ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! I am dying to do the same thing for our Albert and have managed to collect a few things but it's not taking shape in a hurry... Love Atticus' home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. um.... that is so deliciously cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely LOVE and you've given me an idea for tonight

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this with all my heart! especially those photos of the kids on the back wall, what a cosy wee nest for a busy elf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a little Christmas fairy who has come to stay with us for advent, and it's totally cracking me up to surprise the kids with her overnight mischief inspired by Atticus. Thank you for helping me find my inner child.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just the cutest! I'll defo be getting an elf next year- he looks like lots of fun : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Insanely CUTE!! you're awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE!! thank you for your creative impulse - my world is better for my small sense of it from seeing this blog posting! On another note: I noticed your comment on Deb R's Works in Progress blog about potential Steiner home ed for your family - we are a small family in the early stages of our Steiner Home Ed journey...maybe keep in contact?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is very very Sweet!!!!!!!!!! Love your work. xxx

    ReplyDelete