Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Advent Ideas: Day 7 - Driftwood Candy Canes


These didn't photograph well - or else I was having a lazy photographing moment... Anyway.  I also wish I'd removed all those dead vegetable leaves :-P  These were inspired by a recent beach visit, so many pretty pieces of wave softened branches.  I went back later to collect some, after I'd decided to make these, and there were only a few nice pieces left...  That's just how it goes sometimes.


I used washi tape again, as with the elf stockings, and painted the remaining bare wood with exterior paint I already had.  They do look very Christmassy in my little kitchen garden, alongside another little project that will be posted soon.

1 comment:

  1. I can imagine they look very festive! What an inspired idea!

    ReplyDelete