Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New year, new start


Loves me a new year.  I thought I'd change up my blog header, it's been an entire year since I did that.  Last year my header referenced my love of collecting treasures.  It detailed some of the many things I hold dear, and was definitely a perfect fit for 'then'.  This year I am focusing on our next big adventure together as a family.  I am hoping to de-clutter our home and our lives, and hold onto that which is most important.  There have been moments in my life where I've felt as though we live in an opshop, which isn't actually a feeling that I relish.  Change is good.  Clearing away the debris is good.


Boats have all sorts of metaphorical properties of course, and they hold significance in a literal sense for our family too.  Zan and I met on a boat trip, in our local harbour.  Our adventure began at sea.  And here we are, setting sail, our family of four.  Yay!  Wanna jump on board?!  Weeeeeeeeeee!!!

10 comments:

  1. lovely drawing, llvely to make a fresh start x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! and I'm sharing your sentiment of de-cluttering, hopefully in terms of house, my mind, and life in general!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your new header. I really want to re-do mine and have a few ideas, but I really want it to be awesome - clean and uncluttered but still me ... I think it's awesome that yours is so YOU and your family, yet so clean all the same. I totally understand what you mean about feeling like living in the op shop too - I love op shopping but am enjoying a bit of a break from it and want to be way more selective of treasures in the future. I also enjoyed having a big spring clean when we moved recently; 2013 has brought a nice fresh start for us. Looking forward to following your blog again this year x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful!! Love the new header and its significance:)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your new header!!
    I love your focus on decluttering too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I do like your new header!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes i hope to do a bit of decluttering here too.
    Your new header is lovely.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous new header ! Love it
    We have a rule in our home - use it or lose it - nothing is saved for a special occasion !

    ReplyDelete
  9. PERFECT! I love your new header!
    Good luck with the de-cluttering, I could do with doing some of that myself!

    ReplyDelete