Thursday, February 28, 2013

Curvy Style Friday

Okay, so I'm still joining in with Wardrobe Wednesday, but I like it when I can make something feel like my own, right?  Like fashion, I'm kinda wearing this series my way.  And also, seeing as I am on a bandwagon about celebrating curves (and not having curves is all good too, but I think curves have been under-celebrated, yanno?), I thought that this title would do.  Well, I've been celebrating my curves by splurging on some pieces from Modcloth.  It took me about three years into my parenting career to realise that my 'mama uniform' didn't have to consist only of pajamas and one-style-of-Cotton-On-dress-in-five-different-colourways.  I've discovered online clothing shopping, yo.


I flippin' love this dress.  If it were breastfeeding friendly I would wear it every single day.  Maybe it's a good thing it's not?  I bought this pretty cardigan from Modcloth too, though it looks a little grandpa-like in my blurry-imperfect self-timer photo.  The peach polkadots are embroidered on.  Totes adorbs.


I even accessorized for once.  The locket pendant is old gold with turquoise inlaid, and belonged to my grandmother.  Tiger Eye ring from Asos.

Outfit Details:
Sandals - Ezibuy
Belt - Thrifted
Necklace - Inherited

22 comments:

  1. BEA-utiful Stella! I think one of the most attractive things is when a Woman is confident in her own skin, I wasted too many of my teenage years before I realised that! That dress is absolutely gorgeous as are you :) Jen x

    P.S. Don't forget to enter my little old nags giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Jenny! I so agree! And yes, I HAD forgotten about your giveaway, even though I desperately want to win it!!!

      Delete
  2. LOVE the dress - it looks SO GOOD on you. The cardigan with its polka dots is super-cute too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'm so obsessed with both items, desperate to get back to modcloth and order more things!

      Delete
  3. How gorgeous are you?! I love the print of your dress, I love that you're wearing it with a belt (I still can't find the courage to put one on!), most of all I love how you've got a gorgeous outfit and it looks so easy to wear - and good! Mmmm hmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was nervous about belts too, but now I wouldn't go back... Thank you for you lovely words!

      Delete
  4. you look stunning! I love it without the cardi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawww, thank you! The cardi doesn't look great in this shot, but the dress is def a winner in my books!!

      Delete
  5. love it! "totes adorbs" - you got that right! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yehaa - curves are awesome, they are womanly and they tell a story about a child who has grown into herself and into her body and (sometimes) has grown life right inside her. You are beautiful Stella, really beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my favorite Wardrobe Wednesday yet!!! you look fabulous:) I love your dress and love the sweater more;) And i really like the accessories you chose..especially the ring
    Glam lady!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favourite too! I felt so good in this outfit, can't wait to go a second round!

      Delete
  8. Great outfit - love love love that dress! Such a great style and print :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! And I think it would suit most/all figures too! Classic design.

      Delete
  9. Love the colour. it really suits you.
    This dress will be perfect with tights and boots too as the weather cools down.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for curvy, yay for modcloth and yay for you sharing both of these! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm totally with you on curves being under-celebrated. I'm only just learning to love mine, regardless of what anyone else might think.

    And that dress? LOVE it! The fit and flare silhouette looks great on you, and I don't get a grandpa vibe from the sweater at all. I think it's the perfect complement to the colorful dress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hurray! what a fabulous dress
    you buy from Modcloth? I drool over their stuff, but is the postage killer?

    ReplyDelete