Thursday, March 21, 2013

Curvy Style Friday

Outfit Details:  Cardigan - Modcloth, Dress - Modcloth, Necklace - Whimsy & Grace, Shoes - thrifted.

Back in February I was a bridesmaid at the wedding of one of my best friends.  We were given a brief for choosing our own bridesmaid dresses, and I picked this Modcloth beauty.  I was willing to pay a little extra on a dress that I thought I would wear beyond the wedding, and I thought this one was super cute.


This was my first ever Modcloth purchase, and I was pretty happy with it.  I liked it just as much in person, and enjoyed wearing it at the wedding.  Buuuuut, since then I have definitely associated this dress 100% with all things wedding, and have never even considered wearing it again.  A few days ago I realised how silly this was, and so I've been working on finding new ways to style the dress, that don't make me feel like I'm playing dress-ups in a bridesmaid dress.


Chucks and a cardigan made a perfect casual/pretty combo for a Friday night Potluck Dinner Party with friends, and this is definitely the sort of combo I would wear again.  And considering I have a drawer full of cardigans, and several different coloured pairs of chucks, I can easily mix it up a bit.  I am still determined to find more ways to wear this dress, and get my moneys worth out of it (US shipping is not cheap).  


Photographs by the lovely Rosa-May whose baby blue chucks appear in the photo above. x

16 comments:

  1. I Love love this dress..its so sweet and pretty, seems so light and airy too. It looks perfectly casual and pretty the way you've styled it here:)
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it too, and I'm glad I have found a few ways to wear it x

      Delete
  2. Cute!! This is my favorite so far. You've inspired me to dress up a little more often :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dressing up in a v. casual way! If I can wear chucks and a dress to a party, I'm happy!

      Delete
  3. Nothing better than a dress, cardie and Cons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been loving your outfit posts! You have such great practical, fun style. That is such a lovely dress, I'm glad you've been able to un-wedding it for more practical use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me tooooo! I would have kicked myself so hard if I'd left that dress to wither away in my wardrobe... (and THANK YOU!!! You are a style icon, so I'm very flattered by your comments x)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! I love that cardigan weather is here!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love! I'm trying to find a new black cardi, but no luck so far. Your cardi is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried online? Asos and boohoo sometimes have cheap basics... I'm so surprised that glassons has let you down though!

      Delete
  7. Your outfit is beautiful, I love a cute dress with a well loved pair of chucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now that it's cooling down I will likely find myself pairing these much more often!

      Delete
  8. I love dresses worn with sneakers! It's always a fun twist!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's lovely a customer wearing our necklace. I really hope you enjoy it and I love your cute and fun outfit.

    ReplyDelete