Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Seasonal Memory Books

One thing that has really changed since we moved out of the city and back to the countryside, is that we are far more aware of the seasons now.  It's rare that a day passes without us spending a large portion of it running around outside, and if there's a better way to experience the changing seasons, I do not know it.


These days, with my new(ish) DSLR in hand, and a personal challenge to improve my photography, I get pretty snap happy on some of our seasonal adventures.  We have a harddrive groaning under the weight of thousands of photographs, and so far I have been very infrequent with printing stuff out.  Partly because when I do so, the photos tend to stay in boxes and not get looked at.


I've been wanting to print photo books for a long time now, but the task just feels too huge.  That is one task for the totally dedicated, and I never feel quite up to it.  However, I recently had the brainwave to print photo books for each season, a new set each year.  They would then serve the dual purpose of preserving our precious memories, as well as reminding us of all the lovely things that each season brings. 


I thought I would include lists of favourite activities, written memories, illustrations, and maybe even a recipe or two.  Because I can just do a season at a time, the task is less overwhelming, more fun, and I can have a little bit more creative freedom as there will be fewer photos to include.  I'm pretty thrilled about the idea, and I'm off to work on my Summer '12/'13 right now! Let me know if you are inspired to do the same, and maybe we can share some ideas x

8 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'd love to know more about which company you recommend, and any hints or tips you have for first timers!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are home now and I'm finally catching up on blogs (now that I'm not paying per MB!)...umm, is that your baby WALKING??!!
    totally missed that bit!
    also, your photography IS amazing!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stella this is a wonderful idea. And you could include birthday invitations, show programs, tickets etc to go along with the photos of the occasion.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really sweet idea! I especially love making it a little more that -just- a photo book, with receipes, memories etc. Brilliant!

    Who are you going through?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea:) I was just reading a post by another favorite blog of mine, and they do family "yearbooks", a compilation of all of their fave photos and events form the year. They are in the states, but they recommended the company they use...maybe it will help you? heres the link to the post
    http://www.younghouselove.com/2013/03/remember-2012-yeah-that-2012/

    xo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stella these photo's are just devine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my goodness xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do a similar thing. For Grandma's Xmas pressie I did a condensed version for her. She is always nagging me for photos so she was delighted to receive a photo book with the 'best of' pics of each season. I'm just loving your shots at the moment, the light is so beautiful. Enjoy the seasons. Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great idea! I'd love to know which company you get them printed with :-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete