Thursday, April 18, 2013

Deb's House


I really packed as much as I could into my weekend in Christchurch.  With a full itinerary, I still managed to sneak in a few side adventures, such as visiting the houses of a couple of favourite bloggers.  Unfortunately my ability to snap photos as well as fully embrace experiences did not quite match up.  As a result I have only a handful of shots from Deb's house, and NO photos from Miriam or Justine's (both SUPER sweet houses).  


Not that you need my photos of Deb's house, really.  She posts the most gorgeous shots of her home over at Works In Progress, and these photos do little other than prove that YES, I was at DEB'S HOUSE, and of course reiterate how cool her home is!  I also had the privilege of meeting her husband and two youngest, who were just as lovely as this lady herself. 


I have just one story, which kind of exemplifies the kind-hearted person Deb is.  As I was snapping a pic of that flour sifter on top of the fridge, and Laura was admiring it aloud, Deb reached up and pulled it down, pressing it into Laura's hands for her to take home.  She then scooted into her cupboards and returned with a QUILT!  For ME!  We were both a bit speechless.  Yeah, highlight (I'll show you soon).  I was willing to fight to the death to get that quilt onto my flights, despite only having carry-on, but fortunately having a baby on my hip, various bags hanging off me, and a bedraggled, woe-begone expression meant that no one questioned my excess luggage.  Sometimes being the one everyone feels sorry for kinda pays off.  Thanks for grizzling through the airport, bub.  And thank you, sweet Deb.  It was such a pleasure to meet you and your family.  One in a million lady.

The lady herself, snapping pics at C1.

16 comments:

  1. Totally agree Stella! Still gobsmacked everytime I look at the flour sifter...and I loved her house aswell....filled to the brim with loveliness just like herself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I'm so jealous on two accounts, one that you got to Deb's house and I didn't and two cause that is the exact sifter I am looking for!!! My nana had one and I have such fond and vivid memories about sifting flour for pikelets with her. If you see one in an op shop- grab it for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep my eyes peeled-it is gorgeous!

      Delete
    2. thanks Max! With your luck you are bound to find one! Fingers crossed anyway xx

      Delete
  3. Full of colour and beauty, the house and the woman. I was once in a cafe with her and annie and happened to admire annies dress...well you can guess what happened next!!! (Wee annie did have suitable clothes on underneath fortunatly !!!!) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a generous-hearted lady. Love your photos of her vignettes of prettiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She has such lovely things, the flour sifter is just stunning too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, just wow. Those ChCh women have bottomless hearts x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can attest to the fact that Deb is ALWAYS like this. Her generosity is truly inspiring and challenging. It is such a pleasure to call her a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Miriam, about the challenge! Would love to be generous like that and just give stuff away.

      Delete
  8. One in a million - that's for sure! Glad you got to visit - I love her house, its some homey and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I feel privileged to have met Debs and even more privileged that we live in the same city!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Next time I'm in Chch I will be visiting that welcoming and warm looking home! She's such a wonderful person x

    ReplyDelete