Friday, April 26, 2013

Portraits of my babies...

This season of our lives is so bustling and full.  It seems really strange to think that we have been here for not much longer than a year.  Stranger still, that our son has never lived anywhere else.  The country life agrees with us, and there's something extra special about watching my kiddos playing on the very same patch of grass that I ran about on as a child.  This place, for both Zan and I, is so much a part of who we are.  The mountains and the ocean restore us, it just feels totally right that we live here.  And looking at my babies, I wonder if it will be the same for them.  If, when they are adults and have their own partners and (hopefully) babies, they will feel the same desperate desire to bring their babies home.  Who knows, but I like to think that this place has entered their bloodstream, that they will always know it as their place.

10 comments:

  1. Stunning photos of your beautiful children! My husband and I returned to our hometown after 13 years away to raise our children and have never looked back. There really is no place like home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously awesome photo's :) I love how connected you are to this place and your home. What a wonderful sense of belonging and "settledness" x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these photos..my favorite series by far. By looking at them, this feels like such a magical place..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, as always. Your photography is just getting better and better. That second photo with miss E is lovely.
    I remember your posts when you were still in Aucks, and wanting to move up home. I am so SO happy that you could, I knew it would be awesome for you all. And of course your babies will want to come home with their babies (to visit if not to live) how could they not, it is such a beautiful place. We've never made it that far north, but it is on the list for when the girls are a bit bigger. I'm sure you'll still be there - where else would you go!? We'll make a coffee date (who am I kidding, we'll probably come sleep on your floor actually!) XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so relaxing. Beautiful pics Stella.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks truly idyllic, no wonder you wanted to come home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how can it NOT be in their blood by now??
    even I am filled with a deep longing when i look at that amazing northland evening light blowing my mind in these pics.
    Northland seems to have a way of getting in the blood...
    *must keep distracted*....booohoooo~~~ :((

    ReplyDelete
  8. your photography is coming on in leaps and bounds. there a pleasure to look at now, and what treasure they will be in the future x

    ReplyDelete