Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Truth Is...

In a few days time, I will be meeting some of you for reals.  There is a part of me that is immensely happy about this.  I love bloggers!  I love talking about blogging (ask any of my everyday peeps, they couldn't care less about blogging but they sure know a lot about it *wink* ya welcome, peeps) and the whole weekend just sounds like it's going to be pretty epic.  Though I will say this, um, who forgot to invite me to the onesie party???  *eyebrows raised*


But seriously.  I flip between introvert and extrovert like a toddler between euphoric happiness and scary-scraming-rage.  I never truly know which way I'm gonna go, and that is fairly anxiety inducing.  And mostly it's introvert these SAHM days.  Anyway.  What I want to say is.  Some of you are gonna meet me, and you're gonna get the real-deal-can't-edit-the-life-out-of-my-words me.  And you are gonna realise a few things about me, like... I say some really random/not-what-you're-supposed-to-say stuff when I'm nervous.  It just comes out of my mouth and it can't always be stopped and it can cause awkwardness, LOLZ!!!!  It's always funny afterwards, but not at the time!!!!!  Miriam found this out first hand when she phoned me the other night.  Uh.  Yeah.  I forgot to warn her about my phone-phobia-induced-awkwardness.  Whoops.  Sorry about that Miriam.  Fortunately it was only a phonecall, which meant that she didn't find out the other thing about me (uh, yeah right, like there's only two weird things about me, uh huh), which is that I suffer from severe RCS.


Zan gave me the Sympathetic Face after the phonecall.  He raised his eyebrows and was like, "how was that for you, Honey?" #sympatheticsmile.  And I was like, "just a typical phonecall Doll, nothing to see here."  EXCEPT MY BLAZING RED CHEEKS!!!  Yeah.  Red Cheek Syndrome.  It's an affliction and a half.  And srsly, you've gotta realise how much I must love you all that I'm discussing this, because all RCS sufferers know that admitting to RCS only makes the RCS symptoms worse.  As does someone else pointing out the outbreak of RCS in front of you. Because obviously you do not realise that your burning cheeks are displaying a colour known as furious red, and you really need someone to tell you. Truly people, if you want to inflict trauma, tell someone who is going red with embarrassment that THEY ARE GOING RED WITH EMBARRASSMENT!!!!   It's bound to help.  Either that, or it will literally light their face on fire, in which case, back.away.now.

So yeah, I'm a bit anxious.  But who knows, maybe I'll feel all extroverty on the day and we'll be fine.  It could happen.  And the photos?  Well, I think I"ll just let them speak for them-awesome-selves.

20 comments:

  1. I think my invite to the onsie party was also lost
    SQUEEEEEEE I suffer from RCS also! Shocking .. .. .. green concealer under the foundation helps but not a lot
    Just gonna say onsie or not - it's gonna be fun . . . . what an awesomely written post !! !! You summed it up so well . . . for so many of us stepping out from behind the computer is difficult

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT's a portfolio, Stella :). Enjoy the conference, you'll be sweet. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I'm a sufferer of RCS too, although until this very moment, I had no idea there was such a complicated, obviously medical term for it. At least we'll be warm if the weather's a bit frosty...
    Seriously though, I think everyone will be nervous to some extent. It's kinda refreshing to know that a famous blogger like yourself might be feeling the same way x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha Stella I hadn't noticed the awkwardness on the phone at all. :o) I'm a blusher too and I always feel like a total verbal disaster when I first met people - I really am very uncool :o) and I burnt the chocolate for the first attempt on the cheesecake brownie this morning which is/was supposed to be for the bloggers... but the muesli for us non onesie wearers worked out okay :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe! Sounds like theres LOTS of introvs coming, so whatever Stella we end up with you'll be in a safe camp ;)

    I'm not a cronic Red Cheeker but I know the symptoms well. Some times its worse when someone DOESNT point it out. I -always- feel the need to point out my own redness.

    Last week we had a group ATT meeting, 15 people were there so they could help out, and the famous DEB was there (works in progress). I made some smart bum comment to her, in a completely joking fashion and then realised I could have offended her and didn't know if she was easily offended or not. Well. I WENT REEDDDD! And I had to inform the WHOLE ROOM that I was red. ARGH. Worst!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh stella:) I love this, you are such a real person. I am such a nervous, socially awkward person, that this post totally made my day...because its nice to know you're not the only one sometimes. I've decided long ago that being nervous for phone calls, face to faces etc. just means you really care..you are sensitive and sweet and shy.
    Nothin wrong with that!
    I hope you have a great time at this conference and just be yourself!! Those of us that haven't even met you yet are fond of you, so worry not!!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! totally relate!!!!
    I have no idea which one I will be yet either...depends on how much wine I consume I spose....;)
    The onsie party is for the Northland girls who are freaking out about our REAL seasons down here hahaha
    I for one, am not partaking at this stage....depends though if that extrovertedness jumps out.
    Can't wait to meet you. I fumble words SOMETHING CHRONIC, so if I just smile and wave while beaming at you that's why :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s The onesie party is open to all who dare. just get yourself in one and plaster the world wide web in pics. Tempting?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I go bright red every time I have to speak in public. And when I met new people or I'm really tired I tend to stutter. Which is super awesome when your trying to be all profesh and pitch in front of business people *sigh*. I tell you this to make you feel a little better. I'll be making it to the dinner (but not the daytime stuff unfortunately) and will make a bee line to you - so we can both go red, you can say something outlandish and I'll stutter. 'K?

    Great pics - I always thing it pays not to take yourself too seriously. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great so we can be red faced and awkward together! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh and I'm off to buy some winter pjs especially for the trip! - but I'll steer clear of the onesies me thinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WAAAAAHHH. Best post (except the last one of course!). I want to come :( Big sulk. At least I know you will ALL BLOG ABOUT IT! So it will be like I was there! Seriously, I love you even more after those photos, as if that was even possible!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this, Stella. I am SO GLAD we're staying together (thanks Miriam!) because I am exactly the same! I am the most awkward person in real life (and hey, probably on my blog too!) and I stumble over my silly words and try to make stupid jokes or talk too much. Then I go bright red. ALL THE TIME. Usually just after I've said hello. Oh my, RCS, you are no fun at all! I am so looking forward to the weekend, but also nervous like you. Thanks for being the one to say it out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're all in this together xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fellow RCS sufferer and phone-phobic right over here!!! I'm actually quite glad that I have got so much organising to do before the event because it takes my mind off worrying about it all!
    Anyway, can't wait to meet you- not long now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this Stella.
    I am so anxious I am making myself ill and very close to pulling out of going (as i sit here in tears). The idea of the conference and all the work those ChcH girls have put in - Im in awe. But the reality of a big group of people and my fear of being invisible... killing it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you inspired me to write a post too Stella... and I feel much calmer now I've put it into words. Thank you. Can't wait to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww this is brilliant Stella! I can't wait to meet you... I think we are gonna be twins... or something. My ma-in-law just walked past and saw your pics and said "She looks like fun" and then "she looks a bit like you"... so, well, sorry if that's an insult for YOU but me, I was feeling happy! (Love the pics)
    I flip-flop between introvert and extrovert too - I just wrote a post on this topic... I think there's a bit of it going round. OK if I link to this one of yours?
    (So many butterflies)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh and BTW, didn't you hear? The onesie party is open invitation... BYO onesie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You aren't named Stellar for no reason.
    Go south, and SHINNNE!!

    (I'm already a huge fan of yours, but you know that already)
    x

    ReplyDelete