Thursday, May 16, 2013

Curvy Style Friday


You know, before I started this series, I was still pretty much stuck in a post-having-babies cycle of rotating the same four dresses over and over, with jandals in summer and tights in winter.  It was a conscious decision to start giving more thought to my wardrobe, and to give myself a clothing allowance.  It's a really hard thing to do, when you have little kiddos and a single income, but I'm so glad to have done so.  And I'm grateful that I have an understanding partner, who mostly gets how important it is for me.  Ug, so conscious of how first world I'm sounding right now.  Moooooving on.

Outfit Details:  Feather Bone Carving - Alan Gale (I gave it to Zan for one of our anniversaries), Top - Neiel Vintage on Etsy, Singlet - Glassons, Tights - Blackbird Tees, Jandals - Havaianas.  I also got these new glasses from Zenni Optical - recommended by Angela of Striking Keys.  I don't love these frames as much as my old pair, but really they're pretty much the same.

So I figured that if I'm going to wear tights again this winter, I might as well love them.  These were a splurge, but worth it I think.  I don't often buy clothing of Etsy.  Actually, this is the first time.  But I was really pleased with both items - new favourites.  I have found some great clothing stores on Etsy, so these won't be my last purchases.  I will also be back to Blackbird Tees, I reeeeeally love their designs.

And feel free to laugh at my silly posing.  I usually ham it up, what with my photographer mocking me the entire time anyway... ;-)

On a separate note, a couple of people have asked if I would be interested in adding a linky to these posts.  I'm not that tech-savvy, but I could try and remember how to set one up, if there's any more interest.  I've been joining in each week (belatedly) with Wardrobe Wednesday, but I could definitely be convinced to host a linky here as well. The only thing better than embracing and loving your curves, is convincing your friends to do the same.  And meantime, if you do a Curvy Style post, please leave a comment so I can come and visit! x

16 comments:

  1. You are gorgeous! I'm so checking out that tights shop - awesome. How curvy do you have to be to be in curvy style friday?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this whole outfit, Styley hot mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great (as always). Those tights are amazing! I only ever wear plain old black ones (I do have one pair of purple and one of orange though).. maybe I should branch out. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome AWESOME leggings!!! Love those arrows
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look dashing, and those tights are all kinds of wonderful. Please continue to share cool Etsy stores - I can never find anything on that website, so much to sift through to find the treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tights and the stripes. Love stripes. You look good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute are those tights.
    Another lovely outfit Stella.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I'm a sucker for stripes and I love those leggings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. rocking it as always! I'd join in a curvy style if you do a linky, if I can find a photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute outfit! Thanks for making our leggings look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's an fab outfit and those tights are freeking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look so freaking good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha Stella - today is day three in a row of tights and boots for me! I love your posts and thank you for joining in with WW. A curvy style link up sounds like a good idea (I haven't heard on any others) - happy to talk you through what I've learnt so far (lots more to learn of course!). One of the things I like best about your outfit posts in the gorgeous scenery - NORTHLAND FOR EVER xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very good information. Lucky me I found your site by accident (stumbleupon).
    I've book marked it for later!

    Also visit my weblog; Email Console

    ReplyDelete