Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Learning new skillz

As some of you know, I recently won the Stuck On You category of a Creative Review challenge run in conjunction with Bloggers Connecting.  While most of the winnings went on the boring necessities of life (being self-employed really isn't as glamourous as you might suppose), I did make one small splurge and bought myself a very basic drawing tablet.  I have been wanting to try one of these out for.ever, and I have had so much fun already!  I can definitely feel the limitations of my particular tablet, but maybe one day I will be in a position to invest in a really great one.  Or maybe I'll be on to a new thing by then (likely).  Meantime, while it still floats my boat, I've been playing around and getting used to this thing.  Already, after two attempts I can see improvement (as in, the second attempt was a vast improvement on the first - though I still have a long way to go). huzzah!

This was my second go at using the tablet:

This photo taken of some friends of ours, by this clever photographer lady x

I would really love to create more of these images, so if you have a particular photo that you would like me to add some illustrations/effects to, please contact me (rutherbrad(at)yahoo(dot)com).  My charges will be low as I am still adapting to this tool, and I am open to all ideas (seeing my kids on the moon proves that anything is possible).  I'm thinking fun invitations & cards for various events.  Maybes.

Yeah, I really didn't have the hang of this yet...


I know this (first attempt) image is pretty rough (though it has it's own kind of childlike charm) but I also thought that some of you guys might be into making your own mothers day cards out of the Moon & Back design, so I have edited out my kiddos faces and you can pop your own kids in there.  I was thinking about printing these onto cards for the grandparents, hopefully I get around to that... (wow, since uploading this to my blog, I have realised how horrendous it really is...  Still, thought I'd leave the option there, and it does look a *tad* less terrible in a smaller size).

8 comments:

  1. Very cool - I am always in awe of your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only way is up! I can't wait to see how you progress with your tablet! I'm so super glad you won the prize too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You say horrendous, I say stupendous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool that you treated yourself with your winnings... LOVE your work always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are really a excellent webmaster. The site loading speed is amazing.
    It kind of feels that you are doing any unique trick. Moreover,
    The contents are masterpiece. you have performed a excellent
    process on this topic!

    Check out my blog; online stopwatch with alarm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the moon and back one - very cool. I might have to be in contact!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stella you is got some cool skillz lady! I am currently trying to think of any photo I have worthy of such excellent treatment and when I do I shall let you know :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad to hear you splashed out on yourself - so hard to do when you are a mummy ay! :) Love the superheros - just gorgeous!!!! your little man is so adorable! 0x0x0xJustine

    ReplyDelete