Monday, May 13, 2013

Sponsor Feature: Delbrook Quilts - Online Quilt Shop


I'm so pleased to welcome my newest sponsor Delbrook Quilt Shop to The Golden Adventures.  Christine was such a delight to e-chat with, and I love the look of her online store, filled with fabric and kit sets and sewing notions, and a couple of really cool looking classes (including the Quilt In A Day class where you come home with a completed quilt top, whaat whaaaaaat?!!).  Here are some of my faves (spot the Croutons cat!):

Jessie's Bag Kit, Beginners Class, Robyn Pandolph Avocado DotsWool Felt Bucket Bag KitHome Is Where Your Story Begins Table Runner Kit, Forest Friends Fabric, Cot Quilt ClassThe Henley Studio - Mocha fabricHollyhock Sewing Kit Kit, Riley Blake - Blue Polka Dot fabric.

I can think of lots of lovelies who would be stoked to receive a craft kit for birthday or Christmas, and I am desperately in need of some of those classes, starting with the Beginners Class.  Eeep!  Imagine learning how to actually quilt properly!!  It would put some of my previous, sad attempts at quilting to shame (but how much fun would that be, for reals!  Hanging out with a bunch of other crafty gals, snacking, chatting and learning how to quilt together).  Maybe next time I'm in the Hawkes Bay, I'll book myself in :-) They also sell patterns, fabric, and notions.  I'm kinda smitten with all those polkadots, in case you didn't notice!

Christine had this to say (cut and pasted from an email, I thought it was too lovely not to share):
"I just love the whole warmth and love that goes into making something for someone else and quilting is perfect for that - large and small projects.  A very family oriented craft I think."

Having gifted the odd (small) quilted project, I totally agree.

Do go and have a look at her lovely online store.  You can also follow her on twitter, pinterest and facebook (the best way to keep up with news, sales and other exciting things).  And she has also begun a blog filled with quilty loveliness, pop by and say hi!

7 comments:

  1. oh that would be so cool to go to a day class! Im stuck on my first one :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote and agree completely :) off to have a nosey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. can I say too that she is just as lovely in 'real life'... I definately have to get me to one of her classes that's for sure! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Good combo, you guys. (And cool that Croutons cat got a wee mention, too! <3 )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unique combo that inspires and attracts me a lot..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, You have provided nice stuff. I like the fabric prints.This is my first time i visit here. I found so much entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! You can also visit our online quilt storeThreads of Time, creative sewing & retreat center. we hope to offer a place of inspiration and encouragement to all who enter our doors for the best quilt fabric clothes.

    ReplyDelete