Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Roadtrippin' with my three favourite allies...


The photos are many, the words are at the bottom...


As you would expect, our long drive down to the city wasn't without the odd hitch or two.  We arrived at our accommodation travel-stained and weary, and almost ready to just climb into bed (and yet here I am still awake, still blogging).  The house we are staying in is heavenly, and I will share more details soon.  We were pretty quick to start laying on the treats.  Lavender baths were the first stop (thank you again Weleda, for treating me with your delicious Lavender Bath Milk!  Epic!), and I even started my new book while I bathed - uber treat!  We ate a simple heat-it-on-the-stovetop meal.  We tried, and failed to get the kids to bed, and eventually gave up, relaxed into the Mini-Break normal, and made ourselves Hot Chocolates (this kind, yuuuuuuum).  With the heater warming us, the view being all pretty for us, and Sky TV keeping us from running out of channels to surf, we are feeling like we are on holiday!

10 comments:

  1. Okay, that trip sounds heavenly!!!! We're going away this weekend (not far) as a last hurrah before baby comes. I'm definitely going to take some of your cues.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auckland City your views are gorgeous!
    I LOVE the view of my city as I drive across the bridge and you've captured it in all its beauty .. .. ..
    Hope you have a super relaxing indulgent day - Happy Twenty Ten - (I like that btw! I think it is my Twenty Twenty later this month)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely - happy birthday!! Have a wonderful, wonderful break xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you stay? That place looks amazing and Tom and I like to holiday in Auckland too. Your Emma Makes purse is looking super lush on the dashboard too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds so gooood! Happy happy birthday - enjoy this special occasion! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS: have that song stuck in my head now... great ditty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want a mini break!!! Have a great time!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I knew you were in town! I would love to have met up...?!
    Your photos are (as always) STUNNING
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, I totally want a mini-break.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favourite pic is the glimpse of the bedroom through the french doors from the lounge - that quilt is so yummy and the warm glow of the lamp just makes it all look so cosy and inviting. Hope you are having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete