Saturday, June 8, 2013

Stills (AKA Mini-Break Day Two)

Day Two was filled with sweetness (and a couple of tantrums too).  We met a precious friend in town, I had my first ayurvedic massage, we hit the shopping mall, and then Zan and I snuck away to watch The Great Gatsby, before returning to our apartment and flopping down with fatigue.  Yeah, I even feel a bit tired just thinking about all of that...


Lessons learnt on Day Two.  Don't overplan things.  We packed a lot into this day, and it.was.exhausting.  As a result I cancelled a couple of bookings for the following day and we took things much easier from thereon out.  Novelties wear off.  We hired a little trolley car for the kids to ride during our mall trip, but I wish we'd returned it earlier than we did.  We ended up paying for two hours and they stayed in it for one.  If I could have a do-over, I would have begggggggged Zan to hang out with them in the mall playground while I speed-shopped the final items.

4 comments:

  1. Good learnings - hey that's life. Triptych of E dancing is *Hilarious* awesome moves!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eleanor shaking her groove thing = best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. xxx again such gorgeous photos xxx love seeing my city through your eyes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo's - looks like you guys had a lovely time away despite the jam-packedness. Love the Eleanor dancing pics - hilarious x

    ReplyDelete