Monday, June 17, 2013

Thirty...


I had a few epiphanies around and during my birthday celebrations, but I can't remember any of them.  Probably a good thing.  To be honest, I had a less than ideal start to my birthday, and I didn't cope with as much grace as I could have (think spewing boyf, baby-kid number 3s, spilt coffee and so on).  What I did do was put my favourite shoes on, strap the kiddos in the car, and meet my parents for coffee at our favourite local cafe.


In better news, see those brightly coloured schmancy running shoes up there?  Mine!  A gift from my family, perfectly fitted to my collapsed arches.  I have christened them, but I'm yet to work a regular running routine into my day.  It'll happen, especially as I tick the jobs off my to-do list (and keep my promise to self not to add a whole bunch more - so far so good).


I also bought myself this larger-than-normal-sized coffee mug (like, twice the size of an average one) because, well, I needed it.  Yep.  My two-cup-a-day habit just got a whole lot more fun ;-) Disclaimer: I don't really drink two of these cups a day, but I kinda wish I was allowed too... Happy birthday me!  Now to finish all those jobs so that I can do the jobs I really want to do.  Make new curtains, sew some hottie covers and finish de-cluttering this house.  HOW EXCITING!!!!

14 comments:

  1. What a memorable birthday. Awesome shoes :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 3 0 birthday ! The sparkly shoes are just so pretty .. .. ..
    Learning not to add more to our to do lists is a fine art that at almost 4 0 I still haven't managed to work out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Stella. I love those shoes too. You could swim in that cup, you realise...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the day turned out ok in the end - happy Birthday and good luck with that to-do list! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh doll, love you. It's not always all it's cracked up to be. You need to get on the 'just say no' bus with me and Rhi. FEELS SO GOOD. You'll notice I'm not doing Matariki blog hop, or Emma's fabric de-stash. These are amazing fun things to do, but at the moment I just need to SAY NO TO EVERYTHING. AND IT IS AMAZING. A wise woman gave me this advice (incase she's reading! HI!) and I looooooooove it. Just say no.
    /end rant.

    Aside: Your shoes are very cute :) (I meant sparkly ones but the running shoes are pretty swanky too!) It is great to have time to craft for FUN! Wasn't that what all this started off with! Get back to the roots! I am craving the declutter to be complete too.

    Love you heaps xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, love the sparkly shoes... and the running ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Stella!!
    (from the perspective of the 40s, 30s is still delightfully spring-chicken-ish!)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Birthdays have been disappointing since I was really little. Sigh. Being grown-up is not always as fun and glamorous as I thought it would be! I'm turning 30 in November and wondering if I could actually pull together a party - with straws and everything - but not sure I have the energy or confidence haha! Happy birthday lovely dark horse, shoes and coffee sounds pretty ace in my book :) xx Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved 30, I hope you do too. Take it easy Stella.

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday beautiful lady x

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy birthday stella: cute shoes, cawfee and epiphanies sound like a great way to start a new decade. Love that selfie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, two pairs of gorgeous shoes! I love the prospect of clearing a list of jobs to be done, and also having a list of personal goals. I hope your 'dirty thirties' are super fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete