Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wild Animals

I've started thinking about Eleanor's birthday party already.  I realised not long ago that E has a really well timed birthday, because I get a bit caught up in the rainy muddy wintery-ness, and party planning is a fun way to transport myself out of it.  Poor Garland has no such luck as I am usually feeling pretty done with celebrations by the end of December, and I'm in full summer relaxation mode during January.


Might be that I start planning both of their parties this winter.  I have a few ideas.  Anyway, Eleanor's birthday theme pretty much decided itself.  There is nothing that she consistently loves more than animals, so I have plans to throw a bit of a jungle party with our own fun twist on it.


Appropriate much?!  I found these adorable, wincy animals in the zoo shop and I think they'll make perfect cake/cupcake toppers.  They are tiny and so adorable.


Anyone else start planning parties months in advance?  Party planning is so much fun!!

6 comments:

  1. Cuuuute!
    I'm embarrassed to say that Henry's 1st birthday party is next weekend and all I've decided is that he'll have a bear cake (he's my Henry Bear). Nothing else. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, totally, it's at least half the fun of a party, and means you can get the kids to help and reduce the last minute stress. the cake is always a big focus for me, and i have to have a theme or it wouldn't feel like a real party!
    eleanor looks awesome in that dress-up btw x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pic of E! We've got some of those super cute tiny animals too :) - I love planning little details, although I normally only do a couple of ideas from my looooooong list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um yes! I am in the throes of planning my son's first birthday right now, but it sees to have snuck up on me! I already know the theme for my son's 4th birthday in December too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you know I do! (start planning parties three months in advance, that is)

    Can't wait to see what you come up with - your parties are always so whimsical and gorgeous.
    I'm planning our next one right now too - Miss fab is turning 9 and wants am ice skating birthday. Definitely NOT on the scale of that Carnival extravaganza...!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My two are both Nov babies so now is the time I start planning :) Although as they get older I need to make sure they are certain of their themes!

    ReplyDelete