Sunday, June 16, 2013

Winter Crafting with the Kiddo


It feels like I've been a busy mama lately, and I've missed just hanging with my girl-child and doing kindy-at-home stuff.  So a few days ago while Garland was napping, I pulled out a basket of activities I have on hand for moments like these.


Most of the activities were sent to us by a gorgeous friend of mine who teaches at a Steiner School in Sydney.  Each year her class put together 'Fair Bags' which are filled to the brim with DIY craft kits, and sold at their annual school fair.  Last year my lovely friend sent us a Fair Bag, and I was totally blown away by the contents.  SO MANY amazing kits!!


These were the first kits we have attempted to put together, and we had a lot of fun.  Eleanor was suuuuuper proud of her makings (quite rightly), and next time I'm thinking we'll have to attempt some of the trickier DIY kits too.  I've been encouraged in this mother-daughter crafting thing by my own mama, who has lately been teaching Eleanor to use modeling wax, and is going to make pompoms with her tomorrow.


A few days ago my ma (an ex-Steiner School teacher) took us in to the Kerikeri Steiner Kindy to have a look, and I must admit that my heart broke just a little bit, knowing that it was too far for us to make the daily trip and send Eleanor there.  It was beautiful (aren't all Steiner Kindys/Schools?), but the distance is far too great for us.  It did serve to fuel my desire to offer quality, home-based Steiner Kindy over the next few years.  And so our home-schooling begins....


7 comments:

  1. Great projects Stella- we may have to have a go at a couple of them, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh these are just beautiful project Stella - so lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should make candles and decorate them at playcentre, I have a jumbo jumbo block of beeswax. Thanks for another great idea Stella, so going to felt with the kids in room four! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I never thought to make candles with Lucas, he would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we had a school locally, too. Even just for the fairs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea with the candles :-) Have you thought of homeschooling?? It's awesome ;-) (I don't know how I haven't met you with all the Northland Bloggers!?) Lovin your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete