Friday, July 12, 2013

A Terrarium Designed For Your Average Plant Killer


Many, many planty friends have withered and died under my lack of care, so this is one hipster trend I haven't been able to follow... until now (I'm told that succulents are hard to kill - but in my experience, they, along with all other plants, are hard not to kill).  I have searched and I have found an alternative to the humble indoor pot plant.  Yeah, this just got real.


I have also been coveting those geometric glassy terrarium thingys for a long time.  What is it with those?  And why do I love them so much?  Am I so impressionable?  As in other situations where I find myself doting on something that I probably wouldn't have noticed before, I am perfectly willing to blame those girls over at A Beautiful Mess.  It's always them.  Actually, I did actually buy one of these terrarium thingys, but I have this sinking feeling that after traveling from the states it may arrive in a less than whole form.  Will have to wait and see...


Anyway, this project was largely inspired by these cool prints that were floating around on Pinterest quite awhile back.  I used an off-cut from one of my dad's carvings, and some paint test posts I scored for free.  So this is one of the cheapest projects ever.  In that it cost nothing.  I do like the Quill and Fox prints a lot more (also, some of these other interpretations are very cool), but despite the naivety of my own painting, I kinda just love having some ironic hipster art in my kitchen. 


A bit silly.  A bit fun.

10 comments:

  1. Yes!! This is REALLY cool...cool:) Ps. I totes blame the ABM girls too;)
    Awesome project. One of my faves yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The plants that will not die. Visiting via the Rewind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute and clever for words.

    Where has your blog been all my bloggy life? It's just a delight and I'm so pleased to have found it via the Weekend Rewind. Hello Stella! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!!!
    I recently made a terrarium in our old fish bowl (fish shaped too!).. because I am a plant killer.. hopefully I'll keep it alive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it :)) And it looks lovely grouped with all those pieces on the windowsill too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My terrarium from UO arrived safe and sound so hopefully yours will too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. a lot of fun! Like you, I'm a plant killer. Even succulents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! I love those terrariums too, from back when I was a kid and they were in vogue. My aunt had one, filled with mini plants. To me it was like a mini world, I loved it!

    ReplyDelete