Thursday, July 11, 2013

Curvy Style Friday with Breastmates


I am an absolute sucker for jersey knit dresses.  And stripes.   Jersey knit and stripes combined, well you might just have my dream dress.  I just wish I'd discovered the line of Breastmates clothing when I was still pregnant, because I can just imagine amazing this little number would be when you are sporting a bump.  Uber comfort and classic wardrobe staple all wrapped up in one stripelicious (that's the actual name of it even) dress.


Not that I have any hesitations about wearing this while un-pregnant.  The opposite in fact.  I wore it today, I wore it the day before, and a few days prior to that.  It seems that winter and comfy knit dresses might just be best friends.  Or should I say, 'breast friends' *exaggerated wink* sorry, terrible.  What I meant was, this dress is totally designed for breastfeeding too!  Wiiiiiiiin!!!!  Yet another reason why I wish I'd discovered Breastmates maternity wear a little sooner!  I'm not completely done with breast feeding this time round, but it won't be long now.  


Outfit Details: Dress - c/o Breastmates, Cardigan - Jeans West, Scarf - K-Mart, Shoes - K-Mart, Necklace - Gifted

So, comfort - tick, style - tick, well-made - tick, NZ designed - tick, practical - double tick.  Can't think of anything else I would need a dress to be.  I have worn it a bunch of different ways, layered with this or that, or stripped right back, so I guess we can add versatile to that list!   Check out some of Fran's self-designed maternity wear here, and while you're at it, have a look at some of the other great mama/baby items she has in stock.

Just so you know - though this dress was supplied to me by Breastmastes, all opinions expressed in this review are unbiased and entirely my own.

8 comments:

  1. I love that dress - I'm a sucker for knit and stripes too! Super tempted to buy that dress now! Love that scarf too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you do Jenny! I'm sure you will love it as much as I do!

      Delete
  2. Ooooooo, this would be my dream dress too! Love it, and you look fab x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like that a lot. i presume 'entry' is under the bust. haven't bought any breastfeeding clothes this time around, but I'm in dire need of some i shall have a look at their stuff ta x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are totally correct Max, the top piece folds over your bust - envelope style. Modesty proof as well ;-)

      Delete
  4. Jelly! I am desperate for some breastfeeding clothes this time around! I've been salivating over Franny's website lately, trying to decide what to spend my precious pennies on. I hadn't looked at this one - I love it! And I love the fact that you can wear a dress AND breastfeed! I was lucky enough to win one of Sophie's giveaways and got the breastfeeding clip on cami - my first ever BF piece, exciting! (Now I'm back off the Breastmates to check out that dress!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you know how long I have been looking for a BF dress?! like forever! Thank you... you have just made my day :) p.s... looking stunning as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks so comfy and gorgeous too! XO

    ReplyDelete