Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Seasonal Memory Books Part Two



A long while ago I wrote about my desire to create some seasonal memory books for our family.  My plan is to start with the most recent, and work backwards.  So I began with our most recent summer, started hunting for my dream online printing store.  I tried several, and while Blurb is great (Snapfish was immediately ruled out due to its bland templates), I ended up opting for Mixbook, which had by far the most exciting templates and seemed easy to customize too.


It took a long time to design the book, page by page.  I ended up using lots of extra pages, in trying not to cram the album.  I wanted lots of full page bleeds to highlight my favourite shots, and I intended to create a book that was interesting to flick through.


I ended up with something that we reeeeeally love!  It is peppered with some of Garland's first words and Eleanor's quirkier catchphrases, along with occasional remembrances of bloggy-type happenings.


I've started work on our Autumn '13 book, and then I'll get going with the backlog of seasons past - (though I might adapt that plan somehow and squeeze a few seasons together somewhere).


This book wasn't super cheap (they do email you deals, but the shipping makes it a little more pricey than you would get with Snapfish), and it will take us a long time to create and purchase an entire collection of these.  But we love it.  Worth the pennies.

16 comments:

  1. WOW!!! The book looks fantastic. I've wanted to do this for ages and now I think I might have a go at it. Such a fabulous forever keepsake of precious times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super super spesh!!! Cant wait to flick thru they look lovely! Such beautiful memory's, i'm in love with photo books we have 6 now, all from very reasonable snapfish deals. I just started one for Cam "birthdays" X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! I have personally been using Storybook and MyStory due to their artwork and the fact that I can design albums from scratch or use their kits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great effort girlie, lots of time has been put into that. It looks truly beautiful. One day soon you might just get another parcel...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Stella! I love all the pretty colored blooms and fun fonts! Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can't take credit for the blooms, but you have the option of removing or adding as many as you like! I love the template for this one, super sweet!

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh. BEAUTIFUL! Can you do all my books for me?! LOL. you're such a talent Stella! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks really good! snapfish has so many issues, my main one being that you can't align pictures with other pictures, so you aren't assured they line up... ya know? and they have to line up! hehe

    I like the template here and the pages look like they might be a bit thicker than snapfish too? cool! love all the quotes etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there's a great picture aligning tool for Mixbook, I was so grateful! And I think the pages are thicker too. It is really great quality, I'm so happy with it!

      Delete
  8. Oh my word! That is awesome, was gonna use snapfish for my 52 project - but might have to go with this now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowee I never knew this sort of thing existed amazing job you have done it looks incredible

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a gorgeous collection! So special :) I've been wanting to do something like this for years....probably take me years to complete it too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning Stella, do you mind me asking how much it cost?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't remember exactly, but around $50 I think. It was much more expensive than it could've been because I added so many pages, but shipping to NZ is a little pricey too. I know that snapfish is much cheaper, but I fell in love with Mixbook, and I'm really happy with the finished product x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, it's gorgeous Stella!!
    I am a huge fan of photo books.
    Your divine photos are what makes it truly magical
    xx

    ReplyDelete