Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bubba Book Club

Two old faves this week, which may very well already be yours too...

Bread & Jam For Frances

A.Dore this story.  It was a favourite, growing up, and it's a favourite now.  The descriptions of food are mouth-watering, and Frances has got to be the cutest animal protag. everrrrr.


More than anything else, I love Jane Hissey's illustrations.  The stories themselves are fairly uncomplicated, and I may be just a tad sick of them thanks to a couple of Old Bear videos that Eleanor sometimes watches, but they are sometimes quite humorous too.  There is a bedtime board book that I particularly like too.  Very simple, but rather sweet.

Pop your recommendations in the comments - or better yet, write your own post and I will link it up next week... Last week Becky of Whimsy joined in with these recommendations - lots on that list that we haven't come across yet, sweet!

3 comments:

  1. ooo :)Frances is definitely an old favorite! I recommend Blueberries For Sal..another wonderful old time favorite:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Frances books, I've got several of them. Unfortunately the boys aren't interested, but I might have read them to myself for old times sake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just did a blog post about the book Chicka Chicka 1-2-3 here: http://laurensahm.blogspot.co.nz/2013/09/chicka-chicka-1-2-3-activities.html
    It is a great book by a great author!

    ReplyDelete