Thursday, September 26, 2013

Curvy Style Friday: The Graduation Edition


What do you do when you are wearing academic regalia and there's an Old Government Building handy?  Pose for some ridic photos of course!  I've never been one to take myself seriously unless of course, I'm taking myself way too seriously, but that's a whole other thing, and plus, I'm allowed to be complicated and full of contradictions right?.


Plus, gowns and trenchers = ace!  Wish I had a set of these in my dress-ups.  I *may* have hummed the Harry Potter theme-song during the graduand parade.


And you know, I  consider 'being very silly' to be an important part of setting an example, so it was two birds really...

outfit deets: Trencher, gown, scarf & hood - AU academic regalia, dress - Modcloth, Stockings - ASOS, shoes - Trademe.

13 comments:

  1. I can't go past a bit of silliness- and congrats : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this SOOOOOOOOOOO much. How awesome for your kiddos to be there to see you (being cute and silly!) but also achieving an awesome academic goal. Well done! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and the photos are great! You don't see a fashion shoot like that everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these so much! It's especially cool to see E in the pics too :) xxx Congrats again on your graduation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha ha, brilliant, what a gorgeous old building and a gorgeous old you! and congratulations. what did you graduate in? (as in subject, not clothes!) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these shots - they should be in a magazine - girl you are graduating in style!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on Graduating!! Great pics - how awesome to have the kids with you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done you. What was the Degree? I know we should be able to tell by hood, colour and sleeves but they all vary so much.

    Someone is having fun with the "type these letters" I just had "69 playround". Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations and it was wonder bar to see you and catch up for a coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute:)) I was going to say, after the first couple photos, this felt very harry potter! And then you said it for me;) XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an achievement - may I just say you look very much the part. The dress is perfection.

    ReplyDelete