Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hi!

I'm a little busy at the moment, so I thought I'd do a bullet point post.  Those are fun, and it's been awhile.


  • We have guests staying with us from now through to October.  It's fun, and a little tiring.  It makes evenings (my usual work time) busy with talk, so I haven't been able to get a lot done.  Still, there are plenty of great pay offs (for instance, not working *wink*).
  • In a few days time I am graduating again.  FUNS!!  I love getting to dress up in academic gear, and I'm thrilled that my kiddos get to be part of the celebrations this time.  
  • I'm working on some secret projects at the moment.  I'm still in that really busy phase where there's a lot of hard work, but nothing exciting to show for it yet.  Hoping it won't be long before one of them is revealed though...  Ooooh, mysterious!
  • I tried to sew a dress to wear to my graduation.  It was... not good.  I literally had to rip the seams to get that thing off.  I may invest in a pattern next time.  Okay, I WILL invest in a pattern next time!  Do you have any recommendations for where to look?
  • I did some other sewing as part of my secret project.  Doh.  Can't even show you guys.  If only that dress had worked out...
  • I'm rereading The Hunger Games (and looking forward to the second film), but would really love some recommendations for brilliant new YA novels.  And also, have they invented a library that sends books to your home?  Oh, because I lost this one library book and now I have a hefty fine. *Sigh*. 
  • I've been watching The Block.  Really disappointed by it.  Why am I not on that show?  I definitely wouldn't mind decorating all those rooms on someone else's budget!  Oh, but the being on t.v. bit.  Pass.
Back soon with a pretty awesome review or two! xxx

Edit: Just fyi, not pregnant (though reading back, I can totes see why some would get that idea).  One day though...

10 comments:

  1. oooh so much mystery, something marvelous must be happening! Pattern Postie for patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an inkling as to the top secret project, or at least I hope I do.. Is it similar to one I recently 'um' completed? I have some recommendations for patterns will email u when I'm in front of my computer. I haven't had my kids at a graduation but was preg with Noah when I got admitted to
    the bar, which was fun. I'm a blockaholic too and ur right their rooms could be easy better. Those brothers are so funny tho x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just saw your edit - gutted ;) you can see why I thought that "still in that busy phase..a lot of hard work... nothing to show for it!" he he

      Delete
    2. Sorry to disappoint! Though I must admit, I am personally not v. disappointed not to be pregnant right now ;-) All in good time...

      Delete
  3. You should read the Divergent series - the 1st book is Divergent and the 2nd is Insurgent. The 3rd one is coming out in October - can't wait! Similar vein to Hunger Games and very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. have you EVEN asked Angela about YA books???? she could send you about 50 ideas! Graceling series? Divergent? i can't keep up with her

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Angela has the BEST recommendations!!! I can't keep up either, but need as many recommendations as poss. in the hopes of getting my hands on even ONE title. Consuming books at a rapid rate... Need that via-post-library, stat!

      Delete
  5. ebooks! I was staunchly against them but was running out of space in my house for more books and could never get what I wanted from the library (not to mention late fines..) got a 2nd hand Kobo and discovered the public library has a huuuuge catalog of free ebooks. I download from home and they return (become unavailable files) automatically after 2 weeks. I wish I'd discovered it earlier! Now if only they had a kids version that was just as easy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES!! When will they invent an online library...kinda like Fatso with its DVDs...but cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've recently discovered Shannon Hale for her young adult fiction. I read some and enjoyed it, then discovered it was supposed to be YA and gave one to my daughter and she also enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete