- Played Mumford and Sons repeatedly
- Sewed some bits and pieces without helpful little hands touching every part of the machine that my protective hands can't cover quickly enough
- Painted freely, to my hearts content
- Filled balloons with glue and glitter and blown them past the point of no return. This last, so amusing to myself, though not in the first moment of glue and glitter explosive glory. I can't help but think that some of you will be perplexed when you read this, but those who know me best will find no single aspect of this story in the least bit surprising. And in case you are wondering, wet glue washes off glasses, easy as
- Showered unattended
- Solo danced in the living room (did miss my partners a little bit at this point)
- And ticked a bunch of to-do's off my list
The beauty of being a parent is this ability you gain to never waste a minute of your solo time. Even if your choices are tough to pick between (sleep vs. quietly reading vs. getting some of those jobs done), it's almost impossible to catch a parent saying "I'm bored." In my experience at least... NB. I'm sure lots of non-parents have this ability too - but I definitely didn't in my pre-kiddo years...