Monday, December 2, 2013

Atticus Elf - Days 1, 2 & 3


Atticus arrived without fanfare this year.  I was in bed with the flu, but crept down in the early evening, perched him on the windowsill and then trudged back to my cosy nest.   Furthermore, when Eleanor awoke, she wondered briefly why there was a funny little elf doll with a bag full of presents for her, but neither remembered him nor connected him with the Elf on the Shelf book.  Oh.  After lengthy discussion we have finally agreed that yes he is an Elf Scout sent by Santa (or possibly she's just suspending her disbelief to appease me).


I did some advance preparation this year, by collecting up as many miniature items as I could find and stashing them in a basket.  It makes it easy to concoct a scenario each night, and allows me to be more creative.  Those New World Minis are coming in SO handy... The hardest part is definitely trying to keep those little hands off though.  Boy.  Hard.


 Especially when there's an impromptu party happening on the DVD shelf... (I cut the confetti from our Christmas Wreath leftovers, it took about five seconds).  Back in a few days with more Elf pics x

3 comments: