Saturday, December 21, 2013

Atticus Elf - Days 17, 18, 19 & 20

Aww guys, I totally recommend Elf on the Shelf, or any handmade/homemade version.  It's so magic listening to Eleanor scamper around the house each morning, hunting for this mischievous elf.


Although his icing sugar angel did turn into this...  Kid had a lot of icing sugar in his ears.


So much fun using all these props...


Actually the props have been the best/easiest part of Elf on the Shelf this year.  Before the start of December I collected up any items I thought might be useful and put them all in a basket.  Easy to dip into if I'm strapped for ideas.


But we've been doing quite a few easy ones too, and truthfully, they are equally well received.  The joy lies in the hunt and the discovery, we have found.  So we've toned it down a bit.


Only a few nights left now.  Kinda sad.  We've had fun.

2 comments:

  1. Anything is awesome when it comes to the Elf isn't it? The Magic is super special :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, poor little G! I've found that the simplest set-ups are the most appealing to my boys, too - the ones I lament as being "last minute". Go figure.

    ReplyDelete