Sunday, December 1, 2013

Elf Antics

Love 'em or hate 'em, you can't deny that these little soft toys bring some serious magic to the Christmas season...  In 2012 we invited one of these little dudes into our home for the first time, so.much.fun.


Last year our elf arrived to the sound of ringing bells.  With a sack of belongings on his back, a letter of introduction and a frozen expression on his face (why's he looking sideways?  Makes me distrust him).  Eleanor was ecstatic.


I extensively searched Pinterest for ideas and found heaps.  We mixed in a few of our own, and these are the scenarios E found him in each morning...  To be honest, I think we were a little tame (boring) last year, and we are def amping things up this year (helps that the kids are older and there are now two babes whose interest will be piqued).  I will be making a bookshelf cubby house again though, that was too, too much fun...


Well done if you made it this far!  Are you guys inviting an Elf into your home this year?  If so, leave a comment so that we can check out what mischief yours gets into... I'll be back very soon with the first of our Elf pics x

4 comments:

  1. Those are hilarious! I hadn't mentioned it to my husband as I thought he would tell me it was another silly American tradition, so I am doing a normal advent like I have done previously with crafts, activities etc. Then yesterday in the car, he said to me "we should do one of those Elf on the Shelf things". Grrr! So I might do that next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I am just learning about this Elf and the different ideas people have for him crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a classic! I've seen this done with Dinosaurs but not the Elf!

    ReplyDelete