Monday, April 28, 2014

Slow days...


I've been feeling overwhelmingly domestic these past few days.  This is so. not. me.  I'm one of those types that needs one of those wall plaques that reads, "I'm not messy, I'm creative".  Yeah, the cliche fits.  So it came as a surprise to all of us when I started doing things like washing windows, re-organising the pantry, baking biscuits and dusting things.  Dusting things.  In the long list of domestic activities that do not strike my fancy, this one is right up there.

Okay, this one is kind of a 'before' photo ;-) - I say 'kind of,' because...

I'm calling it holiday fever.  Slow, relaxing days that lend themselves to quiet, unhurried work.  The kiddos have been painting, stringing beads, sewing, singing, baking, dancing, keeping house and okay, watching a movie here and there.  Busy but calm.  The smell of baking bread.  The beep beep of a finished washing cycle.  Sunlight filtering into our living room.  This.


Soon term will start up again and busyness will reign, but for now, a little slice of domestic bliss to round off our Autumn break...

1 comment: