Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Classroom Planning => made fun!

I don't know if there are many other teachers reading this blog, so this is possibly the least exciting post I've ever written < saying a lot.  I'm gonna go ahead anyway, because if I achieve nothing else of import in 2015, at least I have nailed my planning template!!  Yarssss!!!!

I personally feel that super boring activities such as classroom planning can and should be made more fun via appealing visuals!  Maybe you could say that this is part of my teaching philosophy?  *raised eyebrows*.

It was after muuuuuuuch googling and tampering with windows templates and SUPER MUCH frustration that I finally created this, so, yeah.  I hope I don't have to do any of that again.


I don't know about you, but I'm psyched!  Guided Reading tickticktick.  And yes, I named my reading groups after a bunch of my fave authors, and no, the kiddos don't get the references. And, yes, there's a diaeresis missing from Bronte. Soz.  From the girl who is terrible at using M-Word (actually using M-Word sometimes makes me want to use the F word also - why is it so hard to move things around on the page?!!!!!).

I get that this prob makes little sense to anyone else, regardless of teacher status, but me and the chillun's are gonna know exactly what we're supposed to be doing, at all times.  And that is good.  Even if it doesn't always work out for us...

And now I've just proven that you can write a post about anything.  Anything at all.  So, two things I've achieved this year, so far.

2 comments:

  1. Well I'm sort of a teacher....well my kids one anyway! I can decipher it a little bit, but I can completely understand the need to get yourself organised and the visual the better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I am a teacher too, and that looks amazing... Lots of hard work and slog to get something that works for you and the learners. All the best for a great year and fun planning sessions!

    ReplyDelete