Monday, January 2, 2017

Book Review :: Dog on a Digger by Kate Prendergast

Dog on a Digger - By Kate Prendergast


"Dog is helping his master on the building site when his tiny dog friend goes missing. Plucky Dog takes charge and cleverly brings the digger to the rescue."

And our ongoing love for text-less picture books is rewarded with another gem.  Just look at the illustrations!  Just loooooook!  So pretty....



Dog on a Digger has a strong narrative that will be easy for your little one to unravel and retell, with lots of little details to discuss.  Prendergast also manages to capture a lot of expression in each illustration, to further generate conversation.  The perfect snuggle-down-on-the-couch-together kinda book.  So great.


The subject matter may not be so universally appealing (dogs and diggers aren't really my jam), but I doubt you'll find anyone complaining.  This is such a beautiful book, even I wanted it all for myself!  Instead I gifted it to my littlest nephew because I am kind and generous and can look at it at his house #stillakid.

Dog on a Digger has just been released in hardback, so check your local bookstore and have a look.

Review copy kindly provided by Walker Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment